Who we are…
Collectively, we have some of the smartest minds in the industry, our head offices located in Cape Town and we are the largest player in the game. Of course, what is impressive isn’t where we are from or where we are now, but what we’ve accomplished. In the last year, we’ve grown at such a rate that we are growing our development team tremendously and we need world-class developers as we expand globally.
SMSPortal uses the latest technologies to build state of the art services that are highly optimized for performance at massive levels. We are a young, energetic and motivated company that values solid computer science and engineering practises. The atmosphere is relaxed and casual where the sharing of ideas is strongly encouraged.
What we need…
SMSPortal is looking for a top class software engineer to join a great team working on cutting edge software. While this is an individual contributor role, you’ll be involved in many aspects– helping evolve our existing architecture, working with teams to improve operations, and implementing new features and functionality.
The job involves the following responsibilities:
- Designing and implementing systems
- Optimizing systems for high throughput
- Write both functional and technical specifications
- Manage version control
- Manage the build server
- Writing and maintaining unit tests
Who we think will be a great fit…
We’re looking for someone who has an interest in software development, but a passion for getting things done. You’re smart enough to work at top companies, but you’re picky about finding the right role (this is more than just a job, right?). You’re experienced, but you also like to learn new things. And you want to work with smart people and have fun building something great.
You also meet most (if not more) of the following requirements:
- 3+ years of experience
- Degree in computer science (ideal honours/strong bachelors)
- Strong C#
- Multi-threaded environments
What are the benefits…
- Great salary (we are happy to pay for top talent)
- Spacious offices in Century City, Cape Town
- Small team (you’re not just a number)
- Surround yourself with like-minded and intelligent peers
- Flexible company RA
- Company sponsored tertiary education
- Be part of a company that has grown 50% year on year for 16 years
If you wish to apply for this position, please send us the job title and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org